Friday, December 31, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

I get excited about the little things...

I was walking around the block yesterday and met another American family. While this is a good thing in and of itself, as I started talking to them, we found out that we have a mutual friend...someone that we know from completely different places and situations. That may not sound terribly exciting to others, but to me, being on the other side of the world, I LOVE it! And on top of that, I now have new friends that live around the corner from me.

The other thing is even "smaller" but made me almost shout with joy in the grocery store. There, sitting in the vegetable section, with what seemed like a light shining from heaven, was a few small bunches of asparagus. I love love love asparagus and this is the first time that I have ever seen it here in Cambodia. I had even thought about bringing seeds with me from the States and somehow trying to grow my own. I am certainly not a green thumb type of person so I gave up on that idea pretty quickly. I had resigned to not having asparagus for a long time. Imagine my surprise and delight, then, when I saw those lovely green stalks! I am going to make them tomorrow for lunch and enjoy every last bite!!

1 comment:

Amy Reece Spahr said...

love the 'smallness' of the Kingdom!