Monday, December 27, 2010

Worldwide Truth...

There are some things that, no matter where you are in the world, seem to be done the same way. I have learned that grilling on a barbeque falls into this category. It seems to be the "boys job" in America as much as it is in Cambodia.


We have had two BBQs in the last couple weeks and each time, much like at home, the guys congregate around the grill. There is just something about cooking meat outside that brings the boys together. This BBQ, we had for the extended family Christmas gathering on Sunday. I am living with the pastor, his wife and their 5 children. There are many brothers and sisters, cousins and grandmas, friends who are pretty much family (I fit into that category), and the house was full...the good kind of full. They have said that I am brave for taking on such a large family, but anyone that knows my family at home knows that this is perfectly normal for me...lots of people, lots of kids, general chaos all around.

In this picture with me is the youngest child of the pastor, Sophea, and his wife, Jenny. His name is Eli and he is 8 months old. The other two girls, Srey Mao and Srey Ma, are sisters who I was living with the last time I was here.


This is the whole group together...

All in all, I had a good Christmas. I definitely missed my family and our own little personal version of chaos, but was able to talk to them on the phone. I love that technology lets me stay in touch with them even though I am so far away. I pray that you all had a blessed day, too.

No comments: