Monday, September 08, 2008

Stepping on Cambodian Soil...

I couldn't have imagined what it would feel like to step foot on Cambodian soil again after 6 months of being at home in the states.  I admit...I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect.  I knew it wasn't going to be the same as it was when I was here in January and February, but beyond that...I was hoping and praying for the best.  And it was...

As soon as I walked out into the luggage area, I saw the pastor waiting there for us.  Our visas, which originally were not going to be ready for us, had been finished and approved the night before at 5 pm when their offices were closing.  It was a complete answer to prayer so that we didn't have to get a different type of visa and then have to change it.  Now we have an NGO visa (which came at NO charge...free...YEAH!) and we just have to extend it once.  

After getting our luggage and walking outside, I saw many of my friends standing there to greet me.  It was a great reunion that I wish I had enough eloquent words to describe it to you.  We drove back to the dorms where Brittany and I are living with 5 Cambodian girls...we are hoping to learn a bit of Khmer (the name of the language here) and to help them in their English skills.  We will also be doing devotions a couple times a week and I am looking forward to the relationships that we will build with them.

My heart is at such peace being here.  In the last few days, everything has felt "right"....that there is no question that I have followed as God led and I am exactly where I am supposed to be!  It's an amazing feeling.

I am having some problems uploading pictures to my blog, but I am working on it.  I promise I will continue to try and get some up here for you.  Thanks for your patience and your prayers.

3 comments:

erin said...

woohoo! It must be so nice to have that feeling of peace. I'll keep my eye out for photos.

Karyn said...

Yay, you made it! Boo, you're not here! I'm glad everything is "right". It's a wonderful feeling being where you're supposed to be. We miss you.

Anonymous said...

yea - so glad you make it! Can't wait to hear more once you get settled:)

smills