Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rubber boots, anyone?

It's days like this that I wish I'd bought those big boots at Target.  They seemed so impractical...but they were cute.  It doesn't rain much in Charlotte, but I thought about buying them to bring to Cambodia.  Needless to say, I talked myself out of it and figured that I would just wear flip-flops that can get wet.

BIG MISTAKE!

I should have followed my gut instinct and bought them, no matter what kind of space they took up in my suitcase...because I can hardly step out of my house without losing my feet in the water and mud.  I actually lost a flip-flop the other day and thankfully another girl came along and was able to get it out for me.

The kind of "vehicle" we tend to ride around in is essentially a cart attached to a motorcycle....not a closed cart, mind you.  So when you are sitting in the back and there is near monsoon weather going on around you...well, you are going to get soaked.  

Thank goodness I don't melt.  And even though I am not the biggest fan of getting muddy, it does wash off pretty easy.  Not even the change in climate like this makes me, even for a second, wish I hadn't come to Cambodia.  Just that I had bought those silly rubber boots...

(still having trouble with pictures...for all those blogspot friends out there, do you have any suggestions?)

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Girl! So glad to be reading your blog! We are praying for you. What sort of problems are you having with your pics? Try choosing the "small" option when you are uploading.

Miss you and think of you guys daily!

xoxoxox

erin said...

i heart wellies :)

I always have to reduce the size of my photos before uploading them...but I upload the "large" size.

Anonymous said...

haha!! You're so funny... about your rubber boots. :) Miss you... love you too!!

Vanessa said...

I am so glad you are writing again! Especially while you're in Cambodia. I'm thinking of and praying for both you and Brittany.

Stay safe and keep dry. I'm so excited God brought you back there. And even more so that you followed in step.