Sunday, August 20, 2006

beach days

A few of us staff from the base went on a little weekend getaway to the beach. I am currently looking at the beach from an air-conditioned venue (a coffee shop) because I got a little red yesterday. And Karisse, before you get mad, I did wear sunscreen and sat under a stinkin' umbrella the whole time (I have witnesses), so I really don't understand how it happened. But in an effort to not make it worse, I am inside today.

We went fishing last night, with very little success. I know, I barely believe it myself...I went fishing! I have a picture coming soon as proof for those skeptics out there. One of us 6 actually caught a small little fish, but with goodwill in mind, we threw it back.

I have been in North Carolina for a week now and spent a few days unpacking and relaxing and trying to adjust, which has been really good, considering. I will actually start working on Monday, and I think reality of the whole move will begin to set in.

No comments: