Saturday, August 12, 2006

At long last!

Monroe, NC: A small southern town about a half hour south of Charlotte that I now call home.

After 8 states lines and 2500 miles, Alicia and I finally made it! As we passed the "Welcome to Monroe" sign, we definitely let out a HUGE sigh of relief and joy!

I think I am in a bit of shock, knowing this is where I am going to live, not just for a visit. This shock is by no means a reflection of my excitement to be here because I am looking foward to what I am doing, but more a disbelief that I don't live in LA anymore.

I am going to check out more of the town in the next couple days and start unpacking my things. I don't know exactly how that is going to work because I am pretty sure I have more things than I have space for. But I will figure something out.

2 comments:

Karisse said...

Hey...in Gilmore Girls they rewrote "A mighty fortress" it goes like this: "A mighty fortress is our God, a wall ten stories high. God Helps us when things get bad and keeps satan from attttttaaaaaacking." Maybe you should suggest the rewrite to the orange pewed church.

April Lindh said...

Hi, I've been thinking of you. Hope you adjust quicky. Monroe is the name of my town here in Wisconsin!