Wednesday, December 14, 2005

O Christmas Tree

When you go out to buy your Christmas tree this year, you can now put a more familiar face to your wonderful person that helps you sort through trees and pick out the perfect one for your family. You can picture me...

Every December, our YWAM base sells Christmas trees at a local lot, and the staff are the ones who work out there. I was on the schedule a couple days ago and my poor unconditioned muscles are still reminding that I am glad that we only sell these trees once a year. These trees are not light by any means, but you get kinda used to it after lifting 50 trees. We put bowls and stands on them as well, so I am now an expert at using a chainsaw. I can cut one straight stem if I do say so myself. We were out there from 8 am until 10 pm and sold 365 trees in the one day!

The nights get awfully chilly...well, down right cold if you ask me...so we have to be sure to bundle up. So I went out to the thrift store to buy a warm jacket that I don't mind getting messy. I found this huge orange puffy jacket that just made me laugh looking at and I look utterly ridiculous in it, but it kept me warm. The jacket was dubbed two different nicknames (not exactly the most creative, but very descriptive): 1-Orange Marshmellow Peep Jacket and 2-The Michelin Man Jacket.

There is a picture of me standing next to one of the trees that I put together and delivered to the house. It's a 6 1/2 foot Noble Fir, which are my favorites...


(for some reason...
probably my ignorance...
i can't get this picture to
post right side up, so
please bear with me and
tilt your head to the side
to see it better...thanks...)

No comments: