Saturday, January 08, 2011

Nah Dtawh Tawh Dtowh Towh


These are just 5 of the 70+ letters of the Khmer alphabet.

I just started my tutoring this week, as well as teaching an English class too. I still remember a lot of the basics from when I was here last year, but there is so much that just does not stick in my brain. I really really really want to learn the language so that I can communicate with the world around me. There is only so much I can say in what I like to call "international charades." There are of my friends that like to speak to me only in Khmer, even though they know English very well. I catch a few words here and there and figure out what is being said through context, but I have A LOT to learn!

I admit a feel a little overwhelmed at times when I am desperately trying to pick out words I know and still feel very lost. It will get better and I will get it, but it feels hard right now. Please keep praying!!

No comments: