Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blogger is back!

I know in the past I have not been terribly faithful to update my blog. But I have been doing pretty good over the last 2 months since I have been here in Cambodia. And then there was silence...and a lot that I could have been writing about since this last week was a full and busy one. The reason I didn't write (it's not an excuse, it is an actual reason) was that blogger had been blocked/shut down in Cambodia for a while. I tried to log on and post updates, only to met by the silly "server error" page. Thankfully, blogger has been opened again...but now I am a bit behind.

The BIG thing that happened is that the Harvesters Class started this past Tuesday. We have 10 students and are meeting every Tuesday and Thursday for 3 hours. I couldn't be more excited about this group of students! They have been very open to what God is doing even in the little time we have had together already. I will make sure we get a group picture to post in the next week or so.

All the weeks leading up to this have been necessary and also a great blessing to me. I have been able to plan well (and that always makes for a "Happy Heather") and prepare the lessons that I am teaching. I have a really good friend of mine working with me. His name is Seyha and he is one of those people that I feel blessed to know.

He was in the inaugural Harvesters class in 2008/09 and has a heart for missions and showing the love of God to others. He is not only translating for me, but is helping with the teaching and discipling of the students. It is a great partnership!!

One of the things that I love about what I do is getting to share with people the things that God has taught me and walking with them as they begin to see God bigger and more awesome than they did before...experiencing His truth and allowing their hearts to be full of His love. Out of the overflow of their hearts, their mouths will speak.

No comments: