Sunday, November 26, 2006

No DC for me

Just found out today that I will not be going to DC for the visas. I was kinda looking forward to just having a day away and doing something completely different. But there are lectures I have to attend so I don't get to go along.

It has been a really good day...it started off doing a service project for a local ministry. They have a lot of stuff donated to them to pass on to the homeless and we went and sorted through everything and organized it in order for it to be set out for Christmas. There was SO much stuff to go through and I was so glad to be able to help...there was no way this family that runs the ministry would have been able to get it all done.

This evening, I got to go hang out with some friends from LA. One of the them, Britany, is from this area so I went with some other LA alums to have dinner with her family. Good food, great people, wonderful night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
Your newsletter about your upcoming trips was forwarded through many hands and eventually landed in my mailbox (you'll never know where those things end up). :) I am also heading to China next year to teach English (Lord willing). So I'll be praying for you and your "friend-raising" :) It sounds like God is already using you in such amazing ways, your newsletter was very encouraging!
Keep it up!
God Bless,
Keri