Monday, February 20, 2012

Small group fun...

I am not a morning person. That is no secret. But what is worth getting up at 4:45 am...?

This group.
Meet my small group from the church. Words are not written the same way that I would phonetically spell them, so I will write how they do and then give you a pronunciation if needed. Front (L-R) me, Srey Rath (Row-aht), Yean Yean (Yin Yin), Samnang. Back (L-R) Mang, Keo (Gaow), Elise, Huot, and Dina (Deena). For the last year, God has given me such a heart for each of these young people. They have learned and grown and I count myself blessed to have them be a part of my life. On Saturday morning, we got up super early to go on an "outing" a couple hours away. I think the "official" title of it was a natural preserve or something along those lines. It was a very relaxing place with rocks and water and little huts to sit in...
complete with hammocks
We took pictures, played cards, ate lunch, some of them went swimming (during which time I relaxed by reading my book), and we all had a great time together.

No comments: