Saturday, May 12, 2012

Introduction time...

I would like you to meet the newest Harvesters group...


And as I have said before, phonetics are a bit different so I am including extra pronunciation "help" in parentheses so that in case you're like me and would try to say the names to yourself. This will give you a better idea of how to say the students' names...

Front Row (L-R): Rambo, Ruth, Srey Nich (Nick), Chenda
Back Row (L-R): Bunrith (Boon-rit), Pheap (Pea-ip), Keo (Gaow), Kakada, Heather, Sambath (Saam-baht), Pannha (Penn-ya), Vannak, Punleu (Pun-lew), Seyha

This class started April 28 and I am very excited for the next couple of months! For all the previous classes, we have met on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. This time is a little different because we are meeting on Saturday and Sunday instead. There were many students that wanted to study, but were unable to due to work or university schedules. As we prayed about this term, we felt that changing our lecture time would open the door to many others. And it did. We really feel that God is wanting to do great things in the lives of these students and I am looking forward to sharing the stories with you. 

Another big change with the Harvesters is that we now have a third leader. For the past year and a half, Seyha and I have been leading this ministry. Come late-July, though, Seyha will be leaving for the Philippines. He has been given an amazing opportunity to study at a Bible school there with a full scholarship for a year. I am so very excited for him! However, it did leave a question mark for me about who was going to lead the Harvesters with me. Thankfully, God has made it possible for Pheap to take over in Seyha's absence.

...Seyha, me and Pheap...

Pheap is a leader in the church and has a passion for the people around him to know Jesus. During this term, the three of us are leading together, which gives him a chance to learn more about the class and how we do things, preparing him for the next teaching term with just him and me leading.

Please be praying for the students, the lessons, the Harvesters leadership team, and the upcoming missions trips.

No comments: