Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Overlooking the Unusual

This is sort of a continuation of "Only in Cambodia"...trust me, I could start a whole blog just dedicated to that.

Do you have those things that you see or hear every day and they don't really strike you as odd because it has become a part of your "normal"? There seem to be a lot of those things for me around here...in various categories and various degrees of "did-i-really-just-see-that?!"

Like this:

This is the property across the street from the church. It only recently struck me a little odd. What exactly is the purpose of the door? I am all about "decorating," but functionality is also an important factor to consider and that seems to be lacking here...

And then there's things like this:

I eat less meat here than I normally do in the States. I am not a vegetarian by any means, but seeing this makes the whole thing a little more real. In America, we have trucks that semi-hide the chickens...here, you use what you have...a trusty moto.

Or this:

...a wheel-less back half of an American school bus. They don't have school buses here, which makes this that much more "hmmm..." to me.

No comments: