Monday, June 13, 2011

Ode To A Great Day

I have never been a big fan of saying goodbye. My heart is just not built very well for it, but it seems to be a regular part of my life, so I am working on how well I do when the time comes. I am all about sending someone off with style, so this most recent goodbye was right up my alley. My friend, Maija, is leaving Cambodia today (thankfully though it is only for a few months).

In honor of her departure, we spent this past Saturday together with some amazing friends and chalked the afternoon and evening full of super fun stuff...and a couple of them completely new to me! Walking at the Riverside and stopping for smoothies at one of the restaurants...love the view! [sidenote for any Amazing Race fans...this is the restaurant that the racers had to come get a clue from when the show was here in Phnom Penh a couple seasons ago]

There are these amazing photo booths that do the instant pictures. Granted, I have done these in America, but they are always the same thing...4 little square pictures that all pretty much look the same. Not the story here...

You get to pick your backgrounds, have images of pop stars that can be in the pictures with you, mock magazine covers, etc. And as you take the picture, you can retake it as many times as you like in order to get just the right pose. We laughed SOOO hard and had so much fun doing this! Here is the screen of all 9 pictures we got. It's small, but you get the idea!

Here are two of my favorites:


Afterwards, we went to a Thai restaurant...best one in Phnom Penh in my humble opinion...and then headed to Dream Land. "What's Dream Land?" you ask. Don't worry, I asked the same thing. It's like a mini-theme park/permanent fair here in town. I got a kick out of the staff shirts, though, because they said "Dream Land," but was written in the famous Disney font and had a picture of Mickey Mouse. Disney it was not, but we had a lot of fun walking around and people watching for a while. We decided not to ride any of the rides since we had just come from dinner and were all a little nervous about getting sick on full stomachs.

We did, however, take our chances with the 4D dinosaur movie. Again, laughter was plentiful. There were seat belts on the chairs and rightfully so...they kinda tossed you around and made you feel like you were moving through the dinosaurs.

So. Much. Fun. This definitely goes down as a great day!

No comments: