Friday, June 10, 2011

Beauty From Ashes

As the new Harvesters class began this week, I am working on getting back into the swing of preparing and teaching. I realized yesterday how much I have missed it. We have 12 new students, all ready to learn and develop and be discipled.

The lesson yesterday was on the cross and repentance. The heart behind it is not guilt, but to allow each one of us to have a revelation on how much God loves us and how He is jealous for us. He wants to guard and protect our relationships with Him. At the end of the class time, we gave an opportunity for them to respond to what the Holy Spirit had been speaking to their hearts, to repent and lay down anything that might be hindering their relationship with God. They wrote those things down and then burned them.


It says in Isaiah 61 that God will give them a crown of beauty for ashes. I believe that each one of these students is going to see beauty that comes from the ashes...freedom and restoration to their hearts.

1 comment:

Cambodian Connections said...

Great blog Heather. Helps me feel like I am back in Cambodia. We miss it so much.