Sunday, July 09, 2006

Viva Mexico

I took my friends from Florida down to San Diego and to Tijuana, Mexico yesterday. I am not exactly the greatest tour guide seeing as how I don't REALLY know my way around and I have a "slight tendency" to get lost...I can almost hear a few of you that know me well laughing with memories as they read that last line...it is more of a curse rather than a tendency. I have come to terms with it though (and come to expect it) and consider each outing an adventure because you never really know where you will end up or how long it will actually take you to get there.


That aside, though, it was fun to walk around with them. Shopping in Tijuana is not like shopping here in the states. They stand outside their stores, almost begging you to come into their shop, telling you they have the best deals in town and better prices than their neighbor. And prices are always up for negotiation. I am not really good at the whole bartering thing, but you do learn as you go.



We actually parked and walked across the border to avoid the chaos that are the roads in TJ. And the line to get back into the states by car can take a couple hours!



Just after you cross the border



View of the houses on the hill...very crowded!



A mariachi band

No comments: