Saturday, July 22, 2006

Packing...at the bottom of my "love to do" list

If there was an award for the World's Slowest Packer, I would win, hands down! I have been working on packing my room up for the last 5 day and I am still NOT done! And I realized tonight the reasons why this is the case:

*I am VERY easily distracted and would much rather sit and talk to friends (or update my blog)
*I go through EVERY item in my room and evaluate if i still want it (that also includes any piece of paper)
*I pack a box and then unpack it and move it to a new box to organize it better (because there is usually a more efficient way)

I sure I could come up with more reasons, but I'm sure you get the picture. I have to do my best to not get overwhelmed by it and just put things in boxes...it's all going to get moved either way! And I have to have it all packed by Sunday night...no pressure. Some good friends of mine are also moving to the east coast and they offered to put my things on their truck and they are getting the truck on Monday (and my stuff has to go in first so it comes out last once they get there). I am SO grateful to them for doing that.

I am driving to NC about a week or so after them, so my things will already be there. My housemate, Alicia, is driving with me and that is a huge blessing!

I should probably get back to packing...not my favorite thing, but it must be done!

1 comment:

Evan and Allison said...

i loathe this wonderful activity myself.

it makes me think of Monica on friends when she would get all OCD... no way. Just throw it in and move it!!