Saturday, July 15, 2006

Big News!

It has been the topic of a few whispered lunch table conversations, mass speculation and straight out questions that I have avoided answering by laughing and changing the subject. Well, it's out now...the big news is that I am moving from LA and relocating in North Carolina.

This is a picture of the main house. There are a few other houses in the neighborhood as well. Isn't it beautiful!



You can read more about the base and see more pictures on the website: www.ywamcharlotte.com

So what am I doing in NC? I am still going to be working with YWAM, just at a different campus. And I will have a very different role. The last 3 years, I have been working in film production, where we make short films and documentaries. This fit so well with my passion for media and I count working here one of the best experiences in my life for so many different reasons. It's been incredibly hard decide to step outside of that field to do something else. To be honest, I lose track of how many times each day I question whether or not I am making a huge mistake and that I should just stay here. But each time that thought crosses my mind, I have to tell myself that this was not something I jumped into quickly and I have prayed a lot about it for a very long time. And I know it is right. I am just a little nervous. Change is always like that though.

I know it will be a challenge, but I am looking forward to being stretched and learning new things. And I am praying that the lessons I learn about discipleship and leadership will one day be combined with my experience and passion for media and something else big and exciting will come of it.

3 comments:

Elin said...

Sis I am stoaked that your are stepping out and walking on the water in regards to DTS and NC. I am so exited for ALL the Lord has for you in this next season. Keep me posted. Thank you for the newsletter. Love you girl

Karisse said...

Hey girlie...sad day. I wish I could have been there for all the speculation!
COME GET ME AT THE FLY-AWAY on wednesday! =)

Guntle fam said...

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?
Ok - this is BAD - I mean, bad as in I did not know this piece of VITAL and VALUABLE and IMPORTANT information!
We MUST talk! Holy crap....