Sunday, March 12, 2006

What is going on here?

I never claimed to be the best at remembering to update my blog on a regular basis...but this was something that just had to be shared! There is snow on the mountains right behind the base and some of my friends saw what appeared to be snow on the ground and on cars in the little town 5 miles away from us. It has been so cold and rainy that we have had small pieces of ice/hail dropping all over the place and today it snowed. I know there are a few of you skeptics out there that figure it doesn't snow in southern California...well, today it apparently did. I will see if I can't get a picture of it tomorrow. And I would like to add that this Florida girl does not exactly cope well in the cold weather and is admitedly the biggest wuss when it comes to the cold. I am just not prepared or built for it! :-)

I will manage though and I am looking foward to the warm weather of South Africa. T minus 3 weeks (and counting) from today. Can you tell I am excited?

1 comment:

Elin said...

SNOW???? That is simply amazing! Awesome team photo. Where in SA are you going? You blessed girl ENJOY it. Greetings to all the LA tribe. You can have some of our snow we're SICK of it. Love you sis