Thursday, February 10, 2011

Down In My Heart

Today was one of those days for me that I definitely have joy overflowing.

I got to have dinner with some of my favorite people!

This is Naro, TiTi, Seyha and Mala. This is the first time that I have seen these 4 together since I got here 2 1/2 months ago, which is strange for me because they were the ones that I used to hang out with the most. These guys have been friends of mine since my first trip here to Cambodia in January 2008. I have sat here staring at my computer screen for a long time, trying to find a sufficient way to describe them to you and I am finding it strangely difficult. Not out of a lack of love for them, or even of things to say about them. Maybe the problem is there is too much to say. With each of them, I have story after story of our friendship and the way that it has developed in the last 3 years. I have spent many a meal with these boys, talking nonsense, talking deep stuff....and laughing a lot. For me, these guys definitely a source of those deep belly laughs that everyone should experience!

Tonight we went out to pizza...always a favorite! Don't get me wrong, I like rice (not as much as them though) and I really do like the Khmer food, but you don't have to ask me twice if I want pizza! And yes, that is ketchup sitting on the table because they put it on their pizza. This, however, is not something I understand and will not try to explain. I feel no problem with these guys to shake my head and tell them how strange I think it is to do this, but they like it and I guess that is all that matters. I have even seen someone put mayo on their pizza. No joke!

My heart is definitely full!

No comments: