Monday, September 20, 2010

Yes, it's true...

...I am blogging again! I can almost hear the gasps!

It's been quite a long time and while I have thought about it a lot over the last year and a half, knowing that I really should but never being too motivated to, I am jumping back on the wagon and updating this...and hopefully it will be on a regular basis.

And with this being the first post in such a long time, I might as well start with the big news (for those that don't know)...

I am moving to Cambodia!


The plan is to leave the first part of December. On a one-way ticket. That seems a little scary, but the "good" kind of scary. I am really excited about this. I have been waiting to make this move for a while. I was there January and February of 2008, and then went back again September 2008 to March 2009. I thought that I was only going to be in the states for six months or so before returning. It has now been a year and a half! I am grateful for that extra time, even though I wasn't expecting it. And am very ready to get back to Cambodia.

I am going to be partnering with a local church to pioneer a missions ministry. When my friend, Brittany, and I were there for the six months, we started a discipleship/missions group. My heart is to start this up again and develop it a bit more.

I will be posting more details about the move and the ministry I will be doing there. So check back again soon...I promise it won't be so long between posts again!

5 comments:

Karyn said...

did you feel the air leave the planet when i gasped? glad you're back.

erin said...

yay!! so excited for you...we have to see each other before you leave! are you in FL? I'll be back from Italy at the end of next month...

Richard Cambodia said...

Anyway Richard really miss you and wait to see you again in Cambodia. I still keep my prayer to God..

Amy Reece Spahr said...

one way tickets are the best! so flexible and freeing.

Ragnhild said...

Ah!! This is so cool Heather! I look forward to follow this testimony :)