Saturday, January 24, 2009

Upcoming Outreach



This picture of Cambodia shows the different provinces that make up the country. I live in Phnom Penh, the capital...and really the only "city." Anything outside of Phnom Penh is called "the province" and is pretty much what we in America would call the country. I have been to Sihanoukville (south), Takeo and Kandal (the one that surrounds the city). And next weekend, January 31-February 1, I will be going three hours north to Kampong Thom for a missions outreach with my class. I will keep you updated as I get the details of what we will be doing.

I love all the things that God has taught me and then asked me to teach the students in the class. This last week, though, Brittany and I taught on something so very near and dear to my heart. Each of us has been created with a design...a unique way that God has reflected His character in us. After a teaching session, we sat down with each of the students on an individual basis and prayed, sharing with them how God made them. It was an powerful afternoon as God opened their eyes and hearts to what He says about them. Please pray that those things wouldn't just be words, but truth in their hearts.

No comments: