Friday, December 05, 2008

A Little "I Love You" from God

I am convinced that every once in a while, God does something to bless me...just because. There's no reason. I didn't ask for it. I didn't have to really seek it out. He just shows me how much He loves me. That is what happened earlier this week.

I went to the beach with a few people from the church. They were having a conference and invited me to go along so that I could experience a new place here in Cambodia. And it was a GREAT experience. We sat on the beach for two days and relaxed. The beach is not a novel thing for me since I grew up in Florida, but this is so different than home. It's the kind of thing you see in pictures...little restaurants all along the shore with tables, chaise lounges, chairs and umbrellas right up to the edge of where the waves roll to. Rest assured, I sat under the umbrella the entire time and managed to escape getting sunburnt...that is the novel part of going to the beach for me.

Something else not like the beaches at home....the pampering. There are people that walk up and down the beach selling food, random things like bracelets, and doing massages. Yes, I got a massage on the beach (both days!), as well as a manicure and pedicure. I am all about embracing my surroundings and that was something that was not to difficult to get used to.

While we were laying there getting massages, my friend Brittany turned and asked me, "What did we do to deserve this?" The first thing that came to mind was so simple, yet when I said it out loud, it rang so true...I said, "All we did was leave home." Granted, it was not a "simple" thing to do...leaving my life, my friends, my family in America to come to Cambodia for these 6 months. But I was obedient and I feel like my little trip to the beach was God's way of blessing me and showing me that He loves me. And I would do it again!

Pictures and blogspot are not being friends again today so I will post some from this trip next week when I get to a different computer. Thanks for your patience!

1 comment:

Karisse said...

I miss you.