Monday, January 22, 2007

Coming to an end...

It's hard to believe that our time is almost over here in India. We have one more day left and then we start our travels to China. Here are some things I will miss:

~~seeing cows freely roaming the streets (an odd sight to get used to)

~~riding in the auto rickshaw (an open taxi with three wheels) around town, wondering if this will be the time that we will hit one of the pot holes hard enough to actually get thrown from the side

~~the heat (ok, I am just kidding on that one, but it is going to be freezing in China)

~~the food...believe it or not, I am enjoying most of the dishes we have had

~~the other team from Montana that we have been working with

~~the traffic...it is bit scary at first, certain that you we be involved in an accident, but you learn to walk safely across the street and not gasp too loudly as the cars dodge each other

~~the wonderfully friendly people of Manipal

Even though some of these things sound a bit sketchy and not all together "safe", it is part of the culture and the environment here and it all works together to make India what it is. And I know China will hold so many things for me and I am excited to see what is going to happen there. Two countries in two months...I am a very blessed girl.

4 comments:

erin said...

well, if you go to MY blog you may win $10k! Way better than the guy before me :) just kidding. How are you? I've been following your travels...next time you're in FL we HAVE to get together :)

Karisse said...

Um. Your time came to an end already. I wanna see pictures.

Christine said...

you are tagged. see rules on my blogg

Anonymous said...

We want updates! We want updates!