Thursday, June 29, 2006

My middle name is Slacker!

I admit I have not been the greatest blogger in the last month....ok, the truth is I haven't blogged at all as you can see from the massive amount of time between entries. If I could come up with some elaborate excuse as to why I have been such a slacker, I would tell you. But it all boils down to the fact that I forget and then when I do think about it, I don't have time to do it. But here I am now, writing again. Please, hold your applause until the end.

Since there is so much to cover, I will give you the highlights:

May 30...After traveling for roughly 40 hours in cars, at the airport and on really long plane rides, we arrived safely in LA.

June 5...I was overjoyed at the prospect of sitting on another plane for the day (note the sarcasm), but looked forward to going home to Florida.

June 10...Imagine my enthusiasm to once again travel by plane! I flew up to Pennsylvania for my old roommate, Danielle's wedding. It is a long story, but this weekend did not turn out as I had hoped. It seemed that nothing worked out as planned and after all the work of getting to PA to see my good friend get married, I missed the actual wedding! It took me 1 1/2 hours to go 10 miles and I still had an hour and 15 mintues to drive after that. I left with plenty of time to get there in a perfect world, but alas, this is NOT a perfect world. But I did get to see Danielle for a few minutes at the reception and she was gorgeous! It was all worth it to see her in the wedding dress and see the joy in face as she stood next to her husband!

June 12...Flew back to Florida, after getting hopelessly lost in Philadelphia and having my flights delayed numerous times.

June 17-18...Went to Sarasota and Lakeland to visit friends and family

June 26...Made the trek by plane back to LA.

I realize that if I had been updating this blog as I should, you would have a lot more detail on the random things that happened during my travels to the east coast, but I don't want to overwhelm you. I will be posting a few things with pictures, as well as some of my favorites from the South Africa trip.

3 comments:

Evan and Allison said...

bout time.. slacker! :)
J/K
haha
alli

Karisse said...

hurrah. sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, i read with interest as i have been traveling to Leseding for the past 4 years to work in the soup kitchen and do other projects. I am delighted that you are advertising this as the people there are in great need, especially this year since there has been no rain fall as expected. This means the babies have no water to mix their formula, and well, you have been there so you can imaging the situation.
I hope you will continue to remember these people and perhaps we will meet there someday. I will be there for 4 months this summer.
Blessings to you,
Michael
www.aworldaware.org