Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The 365 Project Continues...

Here are a few more pictures from my daily picture project...

115/250...which one is not like the others?

If you said the yellow one, you are wrong. That is a mango, just like two of the three other green items. The middle one is my sunglasses case. More than once I have had people ask why I carry around a mango. I have even mistaken it for one before myself. I love mangoes and I am very sad that mango season has come and gone. Just gives me something to look forward to next year.

119/246...do you like tigers?

A long time ago, I was given the title of "honorary Shauan" by some of my closest friends, Wayne and Karyn. And as most amazing people do, they have some equally amazing kids...Avery (7), Reichen (3) and Phoenix (1). When Karyn came to Cambodia in May, Avery sent this mask, a drawing of a tiger and a little note in my care package from home. I nearly cried looking at this and then laughed out loud when I saw this question. And of course my first thought was “When the tigers are from you, Avery, they become my favorite animal!” Man, I miss that boy!!! This is currently hanging on my wall.

126/239...delivery confirmation

This was a hug that my friend, Megan asked Katie to give to me when she brought an outreach team to Cambodia. We decided to take a picture to send to Megan to give her delivery confirmation but we couldn’t NOT laugh because we kept hugging and while I love hugs, the two of us are the least "huggy" people out of that group of friends. But in that moment, I wouldn’t trade that funny awkwardness for anything.

133/232...Angkor Wat

There is something so amazing about these temples in Siem Reap…realizing the sheer amount of work that went into them so many years ago is enough to make you awestruck.

158/207...moment of insanity

I don’t know that I could even come up with a reason why I thought Katie and I would be capable of holding my friend Seyha…or why in the world he agreed to it!! Thankfully she let go of his legs before I started to drop him. He and I still both ended up on the floor. And I would have to say it was definitely an odd way for her to end her time in Cambodia. We took her to the airport just after this picture and while my heart was so happy that she had been here, but I am sad that she had to leave. I am not built very well for goodbyes.

170/195...Reflect

I went with some friends of mine and waited while they got their sewing machine fixed. And what better way to pass the time than to bust out the camera and take pictures. This pose was my friend's idea and I love it!

186/179...trivia i could've lived without

It takes approximately an hour to squeegee and dry the floor of my bedroom. I found this out after the water seeped in under the balcony door and completely covered my room, then began to run under the hallway bedroom door and created a waterfall down the staircase to the first floor where everyone was sitting. I wasn’t home at the moment but thankfully everyone else ran up and cleared out the stuff from under my bed.

189/176...night surprise

I just happened to glance out my window and saw this tonight. Such a nice surprise!

201/164...making this look work

I got home at the exact wrong moment that the others were painting and they all thought it would be a fun idea to capture me, restrain me and paint my face. Let me assure you, watercolor paints do NOT taste good.

No comments: