Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Thursday To Me!!

I did not peg Cleveland, Ohio to be a hub for international cuisine, but I have been here for less than a week and have had Thai food and Khmer (Cambodian) food!!! Thai is a little easier to come by, but one of my favorites so I am always excited for it. Khmer, on the other hand, seems to be a rare treat. As soon as I heard there was a restaurant here in town, I got the address and high-tailed it there.

My dear cousin, Melissa, went on the adventure with me. She has never had Khmer food so I was excited and nervous for her since she was taking a big leap with me to make sure we ordered something tasty.

We settled on the "Bahn Hoy"...

...which is lettuce wraps that you stuff yourself with meat, onions, bean sprouts, basil and vermicelli noodles. SOOO good!

And for dessert, we had this yummy pumpkin/coconut/palm sugar treat!


I applaud Melissa for being brave and trying new things. I don't know that she will be going back any time soon, but she said it was okay. I, however, LOVED it! This was a very good Thursday.

2 comments:

Richard Cambodia said...

It's really interesting Khmer food.
I love it.

Unknown said...

Where? I should go try some when I'm home.