Friday, October 17, 2008

Birthdays...Cambodia style




I have never been happier being so messy!

I would not really classify myself as the type of person that enjoys getting messy, but this is how they celebrate birthdays here in Cambodia (or at least how my friends do it).  It was Kim's birthday (the one on the right with the blue and white jacket...and somehow the least messy!).  The cake was cut and passed out, but everyone one only got a couple bites before we bagan slathering frosting on each other's faces...and in my case, chunked in my hair too.  It's a strange joy to be so messy with such great friends.

The four girls...Thida (bottom middle), Bopha (bottom right), Kim and Srey Pich (top right)...are in their last year of high school.  Mala (top right in white) works with the church as the accountant, English teacher, and soon to be the translator for our missions class.  The guys on the left, Seyha (bottom with his face completely covered) and Titi (top left) are both preparing to start university next week, by the blessing of scholarships they recently received.  They will also be students in our missions class.

We have just a few days before the class starts and we are very excited on how it is all coming together.  Please be praying for Brittany and I as we finish all the last minute preparations.  And please pray for the students as well.

By the way, I am not sure why the picture came up so large, nor can I figure out how to make it smaller.  One would think you would just click the "small" option on the picture upload page...if it were only that easy.  Bear with me (and good ol' blogspot)...

4 comments:

Andrea said...

The size is great...this way we can see just how messy you are! Looks so fun!

Karyn said...

i agree! leave it large... which isn't really that large anyway! Avery would not approve of your messiness! And what did they do for your birthday?

Karisse said...

You ENJOYING messy?? Wow. I'm hanging stuff in my apartment and organizing things and wishing I had your OCD "measure before you move" tendencies...actually I wish I just had YOU in my living room helping. :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute Heather, looks like fun...good luck with the class.

Kelly Herrin